Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my name is Steve. 23 from Ontario.

I've been reading the site for a bit now, just finally registered an account.

good place here. :thumbsup:

I've been looking for a first gen project car for a few years, finally think I'm onto something here. everything else I've found seems to be rotten to dust. lol

downloading as much info into my brain as i can to make a good decision:noway:

okay, back to reading.
lol

Thanks all,

Steve.

·
Premium Member
12,510 Posts
Welcome Steve.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you.

I plan on getting it back to a restored condition, but it will be a driver that I can beat on...
I like building things to be used.
Function first. Haha
I'm told it had an original 350/ 4speed. But I've got a good deal on a fresh 396.
It has front disc brakes on it, and 12bolt posi.

We'll see.

·
Super Moderator
32,892 Posts
Welcome, Steve
Correct year and reads like good plans
Enjoy the journey

·
Registered
781 Posts
Steve welcome !!
Where are you in Ontario ??

Cheers
Steve ... over here in Pickering

·
Registered
781 Posts
Steve, if you need any help let us know, there are lots of us here in TO that have lots of parts hangin around, and know where some of the best deals are to be had

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
922 Posts
Steve...Welcome aboard! By the way, some guys on this site (like Jake, Doug, and a few others) are biased and will try to brain wash you with all this 68 stuff. Remember, being in the middle is like being between a rock and hard place. :D Good luck with the car :hurray:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Welcome! Another big block WOOOT!!! Don't listen to all those LS trolls on the site.
Completely agree with Mike !! You do not want to go down that rabbit hole, although I don't consider myself a troll ...

My 496 BBC last year was an absolute blast to drive, and fairly inexpensive to build reliably, just a note Steve I would not do a 396 even on a great deal

Like I said, anything you need ..

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
652 Posts
Welcome aboard Steve! Lots of knowledgeable people to give good advice here on TC. If you're going the Pro-Touring route the other Steve I'm sure would be willing to help out with some wise choices.....he has a really nice PT car! Nice to see some new brethren from the GTA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome! I will be taking you up on that.
It's great to know there are guys so close. My fellow jeep guys I wheel with are from TO as well.

Steck44, why do you say that about the 396? I was leaning towards that because I can get one recently built, and I thought that motor came in some 68's.
My other thought was a 454, but then id have to build it.
Most be Chevy motor.

Nothing in stone.

Classic cars need to be carbureted. Hehe

Thing that has me the most nervous about this car, is that I wasn't the one to take the interior apart. Puzzle with no instructions.

Going back this weekend with cash in hand and the trailer. LOL.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Steve

Your options with a 396 are very limited for any future enhancements ... with a 454 the sky is the limit and parts are plentiful, never mind the extra cubes you get right out of the gate... you can find good deals on 454's around here and to be honest building yourself is half the fun

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
781 Posts
Oh, and your a jeep guy !!
Then you'll like this ... 1966 TLC (restored completely in my garage, paint booth in the side there) .. oh and it's Carburated !!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
okay, thank you for your input. i will remember that.

i like it, very clean Cruiser you've built. looks awesome. not a Jeep though :D

this is my 2002 TJ I built to abuse.

Hindon Forrest, East of Bracebridge.

·
Premium Member
6,411 Posts
Steve...Welcome aboard! By the way, some guys on this site (like Jake, Doug, and a few others) are biased and will try to brain wash you with all this 68 stuff. Remember, being in the middle is like being between a rock and hard place. :D Good luck with the car :hurray:
The 67's hopped. The 69's had an ugly interior. The 68's were just right!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts