Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all
frist timer to this website.

i just bought a 2001 ls1 camaro it seems so heavy to drive. obviously the car is used but it only has 44 k miles on the orignal motor. car hasnt been wrecked or anything.

i drove lincoln luxary cars. i knew drivin the camaro, bein a pony car wouldnt be as luxaries. but it feels like camaro is way to heavy for a late model car!!

is it just my particualr car. or all the 4th generation cars are heavy. and acceleration is slow??

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Re: just bought a 01 v6 camaro and confused about weight and driveablity

Is it a v6 or an LS1 (V8?) It has to be a Z28 or SS to have the LS1.

·
Retired
26,739 Posts

You can't have an LS1 and a V6, the LS1 is the engine designation for teh V8. Everyone I know with a v6 4th gen is happy with the power. In '01 &'02 the v6 makes 245hp I believe.

My '96 LT1 (older V8 designation) Camaro drove like a go-cart with it's 310hp rating. Compared to a lincoln your V6 Camaro should be very nimble and light...

·
Registered
1,323 Posts

You can't have an LS1 and a V6, the LS1 is the engine designation for teh V8. Everyone I know with a v6 4th gen is happy with the power. In '01 &'02 the v6 makes 245hp I believe.

My '96 LT1 (older V8 designation) Camaro drove like a go-cart with it's 310hp rating. Compared to a lincoln your V6 Camaro should be very nimble and light...
Not trying to step on any toes :( but the 01 and 02 Fbodies got the 200hp L36 engine. The '96 LT1 was 285 in the Z28 models and 305 hp in the SS.

·
Retired
26,739 Posts

Not trying to step on any toes :( but the 01 and 02 Fbodies got the 200hp L36 engine. The '96 LT1 was 285 in the Z28 models and 305 hp in the SS.
My bad my '96 SS was indeed 305hp not 310hp in '96 the 3.8 V6 was 200hp. Somewhere I picked up 245hp and just ran with it since HP ratings seemed to climb from year to year everywhere else... Thanks for setting the record straight Bill.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

just a sugg... but those cars had a ton of catalyst problems...if you`re feelin a little fat in the ***,(car is kinda piggy) then maybe the cat is partially plugged...if thats the case, you will probably soon see a ses light...gm sent letters out to camaro owners telling of the crappy cats, and what to do about them...u might wanna talk to your local service writer...even if you dont yet have a problem...jmo...

·
Registered
8,305 Posts

a late model Camaro is definitely a different experience than the luxo-barges you are used to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts