Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this car here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4513880330&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT
I was curious as a new or soon to be new owner on what kind of wheels I can put on it, and a new brake system. It has 4 wheel drums, and was looking to put a high performance 4 wheel disk system on it. Also a set of 17 inch rims and tires. What's the best package for this, and keep in mind that we will be lowering the car with a performance suspension down the road, and putting in a 502 crate motor.
Thanks in advance everyone
Mike

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
OK, then go over to Larry C's great site, Pro-Touring, and look up their "what guy's have ran that fit!!"

Here's the link..

http://www.pro-touring.com/forum_main.htm

It is a big chart(?) for want of a better word that they have on this.. BUT I just found out it is under construction???

Please say hello to Larry for me.

pdq67

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Back again..

Isn't the first post here in Wheels and Tires on this too??

I really haven't looked to close b/c I have my stuff all worked out.

pdq67

·
Registered
309 Posts
Mike I second the trip over to PT. There is much good info over there.

Do not take this the wrong way, but one problem with the "what is the best" question is the budget. You could spend from 1000 to 5000 on brakes alone. Then you could spend from 800 to 6000 on a set rims. Also 500 to 1500 for tires. The variations are endless. If we have some idea on your budget and plans then we can give you a more informed answer. Good luck and be careful because the PT bug bites hard.

Brian

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Baz67. My budget for the Suspension, the brakes, the wheels, and the tranny if I can is about 10k. But I have the money now. What I'm looking for is a very good handling car, but I sort of figure it wont handle like a vette but I want to come as close as I can. The car will always have a small block of some sort in it. I was going for the baer brake conversion front to back. I have not seen at least not yet, a whole suspension package that does this, just mixed and matched stuff from the shops that I have dealt with.

Thanks again
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts