Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just bought a six-cylinder '67. I say all-original, but it was repainted and reportedly looks like it came off the show-room floor. Haven't seen it with my eyes, but those checking it out for me promise me it's awesome....

Intend to keep the original six in it. I've posted a question about prepping it in the restoration forum.

I've got a '32 Chevy in the garage (soon up for sale to make room for the '67), learned to drive and rebuilt a '52 pickup truck in high-school.

Looking forward to the ride!

Mark

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Welcome Mark - We look forward tot he picture show.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here are pictures. The color was matched to original, said to be body off restoration, but motor out minimum. The stripes were added of course.

Mark

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Very cool!
Yes, I dig the bench seat too!
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
19,676 Posts
Would the color be Capri Cream, paint code T-T on the trim tag?

Roger

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would the color be Capri Cream, paint code T-T on the trim tag?

Roger
I've only got a fuzzy photo of the trim tag. Is there an example of one where I can look and see where to look? I can try sharpening the image.

On the left side there's what looks like an ST/TR, more numbers, there's what might be a T-T over on the right hand side. The T-T might be a 7-7

ST ...............
TR ............... T-T

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
25 Posts
Really clean,I have an original six in a 77 chevy truck I just restored it gets all kinds of attention and really runs well congrats.

·
Premium Member
19,676 Posts
I've only got a fuzzy photo of the trim tag. Is there an example of one where I can look and see where to look? I can try sharpening the image.

On the left side there's what looks like an ST/TR, more numbers, there's what might be a T-T over on the right hand side. The T-T might be a 7-7

ST ...............
TR ............... T-T

Thanks,
Mark
Mark this is a picture of the Trim Tag location and a closeup of my Trim Tag. My car is Capri Cream and that is why I was asking the color code. Below is a link that explains the codes and their location.

Roger

http://camaros.org/numbers.shtml#67Codes

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Hi Mark. Welcome!

Nice looking ride.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Very nice. :)

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, it's great to join!

I found out the engine is the 230 CID. The prep for the road trip is almost done, it's a long list, almost all of it expected. It's nice to have a trusted mechanic to do standard maintenance work and not do everything myself (like I do on my 1932 Chevy).

·
14,267 Posts
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, it's great to join!

I found out the engine is the 230 CID. The prep for the road trip is almost done, it's a long list, almost all of it expected. It's nice to have a trusted mechanic to do standard maintenance work and not do everything myself (like I do on my 1932 Chevy).
How long is this road trip? Are you picking it up and driving it home?

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Welcome to TC Mark, Very nice 67.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts