Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner here. A little about me: since I was a old enough to know what a car was, I have always wanted a Camaro. My dad had one in the 70's and from the pictures it looks like it was '69. My uncle also had one but I don't have any pictures to reference, I just remember it was yellow.

Late last month (July) a long time mechanic friend of mine needed some money and decided it was time to part with his '67 that he owned for 20 years. Before he even quoted a price I was already nodding my head. Just got it towed to my garage mid last week and finally got a chance to sit in it and make vrooom vroom sounds. ;)

About the ride: Black exterior, black interior '67 with 327. Mostly original parts...some trim and minor parts missing. Interior is a bit gutted so there is work to be done there. Seats are good and carpet is good, just missing a lot of trim and radio stuff. Engine runs, or so I am told it will. It has been sitting for 6 years so I need to drain gas and all fluids, change fuel pump, oil and gas filter, probably coil, points etc...you know give a good old fashioned tune up. Then check for leaks and hopefully not have to replace a bunch of seals, gaskets, and or hoses. I did put a new battery in it and try to crank the engine, it cranked but didn't turn over. Thankfully because my friend rebuilt the engine himself he has agreed to help get it running with me.

Body is pretty clean, a few knicks here and there but for the most part in great condition and...drum roll...rust free (thank God). Plan to get it painted in the future and probably new rims / tires. I am still on the fence about the rims though as it has the originals.

My plans are to get it running (first and foremost) then daily drive it while upgrading or buying parts here and there. I'm not planning on turning it into a show car; just something I can have in my garage and show it off / drive with pride. I am excited and scared. Scared at how much money I am going to throw at it because this is going to be my new obsession and I will spare no expense. The good thing is I am patient and I want to take my time and enjoy fixing it up. I'm not looking to make a profit out of it, I just want it enjoy it for what it is... a badass piece of American muscle and history. :D

I'll get some pictures up soon, I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I'll be frequenting the site often.

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Welcome. Looking forward to seeing the pics!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update with PIX. Sorry it took so long. Finally got it running. Had to replace most of the iginition parts (plugs, wires, points, cap) and drain the gas, oil change, fill with gas. But IT IS ALIVE!!! First stop was the shop as I noticed a lot of fluids leaking. Needed the tranny dropped and resealed, new oil pan, new water pump, new oil pump, new brakes all around, plus some things here and there electrically. It has been in the shop for the last month getting fixed up for safe daily driving.

Here is a small album of her. Pictures are a bit grainy. I'll get more when I get it back from the shop. Hopefully this week (according to my mechanic)!

Next up. New tires, alarm, radio and interior work (not shown).

http://imgur.com/a/4g88w

1 - 7 of 7 Posts