Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typed in my vin # and this came up. Is this something I posted? Or someone else own before me?

Attachments

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,593 Posts
Typed it in a search here (Camaros.net) ? I tried and that post didn't show up. Jonesy has been a regular here since the beginning of time. ;) I see that post was from 2007. When did you purchase the car ?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I purchased car in 2018. I justed typed vin in at my work computer earlier today. Not sure what search engine was used but that came up. Typed my vin number in search which is the same as one by his name. I have that same exact picture but with a ground wire showing just above tag over the ST69. Otherwise identical, same white stain. .

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is my photo.Now my curiosity is up. Past owner? Wondering were that photo came from. Looked at all my pictures and don't see that one, especially from 2007 since didn't have possion of car then. Jonsey's board shows that picture in his albums if remember correctly. Just found it there. Keep thinking its something I've posted but if from 2007 then not me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,550 Posts
It probably came from an ebay ad and I was just saving a pic of the trim tag. I noted the VIN at the time and labeled the pic with the VIN. I cant find anything posted here about that VIN.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone recognize vin or cowl tag? First picture was from roughly 2007 maybe e-bay. Recent photo is mine taken last year.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks Kurt for the reply back. First little bit of information I've received on trying to find history of my car in 2 yrs. Car orignal purchased new in Penn. in 1969, big gap 37yrs from there to your info, ebay ad 2006 Calif. from there I can trace it through 2 owners one in Snohomish Wa who must have purchased it from craigslist ad and next in Puyallup Wa. Then my purchase in 2018. Anyone else with a little tid bit?
Thank, Greg

·
13,978 Posts
My perspective.

Take it for what it is now.

trying to find out previous owners is like asking your wife about all her previous boyfriends.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Sometimes previous owners have things pertaining to the car they possibly would give to the current owner.
I have also replied with info to searches for cars that I have owned as well. Knowing owner/car history is not a bad thing IMO.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everyone's allowed there perspective on subject. Me personally, I enjoy the challange of attempting to find clues to were car came from. Contacting orignal owner was very interesting (learned a few things about car while he had it) and made a new friend in process. He was astounded that his old car was still around. We've kept in touch these last few years. Last 2 owners before me really have no interest but have helped me when contacted and thats fine and have thanked them for there help. I'm guessing many other members would also find it interesting in finding out about there cars history. But then there are a few with the perspective that they don't really care and thats fine, each to there own. Will I stop? Probable not, still have roughly 30 years to fill in.
Again Thanks To You All this is a great site for infomation, friendships, bragging rites etc. Really enjoy it. Keep up the good work and be safe out there. Greg

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
Good luck on you quest Greg. I'm lucky enough to be second owner, bought from now deceased friend in 1975.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts