Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just picked up my 1st camaro, 69. I live in Nashville, TN and looking for Camaro or Chevy car clubs in the area. Anyone have any suggestions for a decent club to join for rally, local meets, etc?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Welcome...This is a pretty good club right here...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Congrats on your find! Welcome to the Team :waving:

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Welcome from CALI- by way of OKLAHOMA!

·
Super Moderator
32,346 Posts
Just got here? Where in the devil have you been?....j/k.
Welcome, enjoy your membership and be sure the frig door is shut when you leave.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I live in Mt Juliet,folks live in Leipers Fork,just west of franklin...know the area and know Franklin really well.As far as events,well I dont know of a common web site or anything about the area that will benefit but,I can get you in the network of people that will keep you informed and there are camaro clubs you can get involved in If thats your thing.You've actually arrived at the busiest time of the year for events so here goes. On January 20,21 the Nashville Autofest is at the Fairgrounds in Nashville, also on Feb 4 only...is a huge swap meet...probably one of the biggest in the southeast, it takes up 6 buildings also at the Fairgrounds.both of these events are on the Tn State fairgrounds website with times and cost etc.Not sure of the date but in your neck of the woods sometime in Feb. is an event known as the "Frosty Wheels" held at the Williamson county Agriculture center just south of Franklin,which is a combo car show/swap meet...in May is the Car show and vender event at Titans Stadium,I, for the life of me cant remember who sponsors this but last year they had 2000 cars and untold vendors basically everybody from Roush to Covan to Hotchkis was there.In Aug is the same kind of thing held at Nashville Superspeedway on my side of town...thats the big events but a ton of others that are smaller and advertised in local papers,radio,t.V. etc. Also remember that every Saturday night at every Sonic drive-in is "cruise night" and in the spring its really popular,lots of old cars in all phases of restore and a great network of people to know in the car game.I dont know about franklin but the one in Mt. Juliet is Big,real Big,you cant get in the parkking lot on the spring and summer nights,looks like someting out of American Graffitti!...Whats your story dude,did you relocate with the Nissan crowd from the West coast or what?...so many businesses and people moving here I cant keep up anymore!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome fixdaserver from Whitehouse,Tn. By the way 67pat the show at Titans stadium is the Goodguys. Dewayne

·
Registered
83 Posts
67pat do you ever go to L'owes in Hermitage? If you do come by and see me. I am the hotdog vendor there.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
No way dude I have bought a dog many times from you,I'm a general contractor and Lowes and/or the Home Depot across the street are my second(and third)homes...next time i'm there I'll say hey...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey thanks for the feedback. My story, relocated to Nashville from south florida 2 years ago, company move. Had a few muscle machines growing up in upstate NY in the late 70s, 69 old 442 conv, 70 chevelle, 66 mustang, suzuki 1000, spent every Sunday from '77 to '81 at Englishtown running brackets. then got into bmws for the past 10+ years had 8 different ones icluding an M machine. Back to what's important, i have always wanted a 1st gen camaro and i found my 1st from a guy in NJ. 69 with new metal, some real nice mods and great paint. auto 350 with BM kit, motor is a 350 crate with a BM supercharger for a few more HP. Hope to see you all around sometime. Here's a pic of my new ride http://www.camaros.net/showroom/data/502/index008004.jpg

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just noticed this thread. Welcome "fixdaserver". "d's68" I work just down the street at Summit Medical Center, I'll stop in too next time I see you there!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts