Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the days of vendor bashing, I would like to promote the work of several skilled craftsman. Greg Tope and his staff at performance car craft in alabaster, AL have done amazing work to my 68 camaro.
I rebuilt/restored the car myself several years ago with a fast burn 385 and th700. needless to say my level of work was not up too par with my own expectations, so I sent the car to PCC and man am I glad.
The car now has (in no particular order)
hot ls3 480 hp/475 lbs
tremec 6 speed
vintage air, new wiring harness
custom motor cover
welded subframe
QA1 coilovers
updated gauges
800 watt stereo
exhaust cut outs
new carpet
new headliner
new floor pans interior and trunk
painting details under the hood
3.73 posi rear
smooth firewall
3 point seat belts
and the list goes on

The car was painted several years ago by a local fellow and it is good enough for now.
The throttle response and power from this fuel injected motor is incredible. easily lighting up the rears from 1st thru 3rd.
Greg and his staff were a pleasure to work with and gave great suggestions and feedback. I would recommend him to anyone looking to upgrade their car.

·
Lifetime Gold Member
1,115 Posts
Looks great! Congrats on getting her back!

·
Premium Member
12,511 Posts
Very nice work and nice to see another vendor happy ending.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Looks Killer , nice to hear about the good out there from time to time and im sure they appreciate the kinds words as well...

ENJOY , thats one nice ride !
J

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Looks great! I'm sure you dropped a pretty penny on that laundry list! :yes:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the nice words, and yes i dropped a pennt or 2. But honestly If i would have just done this first and would not have tried to make it "perfect" myself, I would have come out (somewhat) ahead.
I would like to add that I drove the car 300 miles home at 75 MPH at 2200 rpm. I got 20 mpg. before this, i never got more than 30 minutes from home becuase it just was not reliable.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Congrats, it looks great! I'm looking at doing a similar powertrain upgrade but want to do it myself. I know I shouldn't ask but how much did all that cost? I'm guessing 40-50k, cost of parts x 2? Enjoy!

·
20,023 Posts
Looks great :beers:
An LS really wakes things up doesn't it ;)

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Looks good, Brad! It'll be fun cruising it this summer. Mine will be on the road this summer after a 10 or 11 year hiatus. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And best thing of all....no oil leaks
HA you are not kidding. I have looked under it a dozen times ready for that familiar spot. I don't think it will ever have another one.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Until now, I have never driven an LS motor. The throttle response is amazing. absolutely no hesitation.

My brother has driven a new c7 and he says it is so smooth. You can be going 105 and it feels like you are doing 45. His comment after driving mine... feels like you are sitting on top of a Saturn 5 rocket. It just lurching TRYING to accelerate and your job as a driver is to try and control it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts