Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't fit!! I have the original XN ralley wheels 14" and had drum brakes. I did a std. disc conversion nonthing fancy original equipment stuff and when I put my wheels on they don't snug up and hit the caliper I guess. So, does anyone know what I should ask for at Rick's or whatever. Do or did they make a 14" ralley wheel for 1st gen. cars with disc brakes. I really need your answers on this quick my cars out of commission!!

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
don't fit!! I have the original XN ralley wheels 14" and had drum brakes. I did a std. disc conversion nonthing fancy original equipment stuff and when I put my wheels on they don't snug up and hit the caliper I guess. So, does anyone know what I should ask for at Rick's or whatever. Do or did they make a 14" ralley wheel for 1st gen. cars with disc brakes. I really need your answers on this quick my cars out of commission!!

From CRG...
1968 Steel Drum FC 14x6 inch Base, SS
Steel Front Disc XF 14x6 inch Base, SS
Rally Drum XN 14x6 inch Base, SS
Rally Front Disc XG 14x6 inch Base, SS
DF 15x6 inch Z28
Kev

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kev. I need the XG rims. I'll try and find some.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey BPOS, would the 14x7 wheels have the same reveal on the front? In other words I want to retain the XN 14 x 6's on the rear, so if I used the 14 x 7's on the front would the trim rings and all that still look the same. I just want them to look the same the codes don't matter to me. THANKS

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
As i recall, the trim rings are different. When I first bought my car, it had 14 x 6 rallys. The trim rings had a U-shaped cutout for the valve stem. The trim rings for the 14 x 7's I bought have an oval shaped HOLE on them for the valve stem. My guess is that the 14 x 7 trim rings are wider. Somebody would have to look pretty closely to tell the difference.

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
when i bought my disk brake conversion from ricks they came from stainless steel braking. in instruction manual it says to use 15 inch rims.
That's odd - I believe all 69 SS Camaros had front disc brakes, and for sure all 69 SS came with 14 x 7 wheels.

·
Registered
727 Posts
hmmm... the 69 camaro I'm going to be starting on this spring has 14" rally's-- if you can't find something that fits, give me a yell, I'll check the codes for you.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found the rims. Rick's has them and "They Said" they are the 14x6 rims that fit the factory disc brakes. $79 each powdercoated wheel argent silver. Well, I learned something from this project so I guess that makes it worth it. Thanks for all your quick responses and help as usual.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
bdzee,

My first 1969 had 14x6 Rally's. It had 4 wheel drums. The backspacing is a little different for the standard 14x6 Rally's. You could go 14X7 which is what the SS had (SS wheel's) I believe some SS cars had the 15x7 wheels which is what the Z28's had. On my current 1969 I have 15x7 Rally's all the way around with P235/60R15's all the way around. I like the 15" wheels & tires better.

P.S. The 1969 I have now has front disc/rear drums.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.