Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to share some pics of my car with my new tires and wheels. theyre ar hopsters with 235-45-17 in front and 255-45-17 in back with 4.5bs all the way around pics

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here i was thinking i was going to be different and not buy tt2s.(j/k) car looks great! hows you suspention set up. im thing about dropping the car 2more in the front and a 1-1/2 in back. i have hotckis 2inch drop springs in the front but the front came back to were it was stock cause the lt1 is lighter than my 327

·
Registered
378 Posts
FirstGen I have the same hotchkis 2" front springs(part # 1907F)But I have the stock 350/295 hp with iron heads so it sits lower. In fact I added 1" spacers on both sides to bring it up some. I think the springs settled in. Rears are multileafs that came with the car. Ray

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
John68rs I use the same tire size setup also. The 275s are made to be mounted on a 9" or 9.5" rim (they will fit on 8" rims but not as nicely)and such rims can be tricky to fit properly with a lowered suspension (fender rubbing/ cutting the tire on full compression).

Most everyone I know with 275s and lowered suspension has rolled the rear fender lips and some still have rubbing problems.

The 235/255 tire setup is a no brainer- pretty wide meats and proven fit without issues (proper backspacing is necessary of course!).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ray is right I chose to go with 255's cause I didnt want to have any rubbing issues at all and didnt want to roll the lips.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am thinking about the same setup and was wondering....Do you guys think 50 series tires would wok instead of 45's? Of course without the lowered suspension.

Thanks,
Donnie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts