Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I've been an occasional lurker here for a year or so. I've had a nice driver '67 RS/SS coupe for about 2 years that I was pretty content to just keep the same way I bought it, but a couple of months ago I cooked the M20 that was in it.

Thinking I could relive my youth.. (I rebuilt a 283 and powerglide back in high-school and replaced my crappy old 6 cyl in a '53 Chevy truck..) I decided to do handle the tranny fix myself.

After researching options, I decided to get a new Supercase M22 Wide-ratio. A couple hundred more for a bulletproof new tranny seemed worth it rather than rebuilding the old M20. Well, then I figured, might as well get a new shifter while I'm at it and also seems like a good time to take care of the leaky pinion seal. Might as well do a new clutch while its all apart too.

The replacement went well and all of this new drivetrain now has me wanting to bolt something more "worthy" to it. Along with a little more muscle I figure I'm going to need to take care of a few "safety" items also...Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Larger Wheels, Front-end rebuild, body bushings, etc.

Anyways, my wife now thinks I'm an idiot and I seem to be spending all my time here, on summitt and reading Chevy High Performance. I figure I'll be needing some help in the near future and look forward to reading suggestions in the forums.

John

'67 RS/SS
1970 "CNN casting" 350 .30 over
Forged alum flat tops 9.7:1
"462" casting 1.94 double humps
Comp 280H, magnum rockers, springs
Torker II
Holley 750 dp
Supercase M22 W
12 bolt 3:31 posi
15" rally's

·
Registered
115 Posts
welcome...get use to the IDIOT part...welcome and good luck!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome to the Team! :waving:

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome to this site from OHIO.:yes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts