Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Don and I have had my 1967 Camaro convertible since March of 1988. The car is a mid May production and I suspect it was built as one of the "pacesetter" specials that went out to dealers. I suspect that because it is white with blue interior, loaded with the trim options (console, bumble bee paint stripe, deluxe bumper guards, etc.) but had the 250 straight six and powerglide! Everybody say OOHHHH, feel the power! That engine promptly blew apart 2 months after buying the car which allowed me to begin the process of putting in a 327. It is great seeing all the fellow Camaro owners documenting their restoration processes and the hurdles they overcome. It is inspiring me to get my project done and moving after languishing for so long. There is a 396 and Turbo 400 waiting to be installed after I get the body painted. That is where my project is at present, hope to put up some pictures and chit chat with others. Hi all!

·
Super Moderator
32,338 Posts
Welcome to the Club, Don. If 396/TH400 goes in, you might want to think about changing front coil springs, unless you want the lowered stance look.

If equipped, you might have to remove the front sway bar or place spacers under the frame brackets of the sway bar to gain clearance for the harmonic balancer.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Welcome to the TC Crew, Don. Glad to hear that you are both inspired and tired...of languishing. You'll never look back on those intended mods.

capt

·
Registered
726 Posts
Greetings from Arizona
it can take a while to get inspired! but it will come togather. It took me 12 years and 2 trys to get my 69 Conv done and they are never done really. my two friends and I started tuesday nite boys working on cars. Having someone to share the load and working togather we have done 3 powertrain swaps and alot of custom things to make our cars different. Good Luck Jay

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Hi Don. Neat car !!! Hope to run into you around town......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for the warm welcome! This car's been through a lot over the years and I'm looking forward to getting it "done". Yeah, I know, is any car reeeaaaally ever done? Operationally complete would be a better metaphor.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info! Already have some big block springs, those six-cylinder/small block springs made for a nice stance when you parked it, driving it that way was a whole other matter. Smacking the subframeor exhaust on every speed bump, curb or road kill (yep, smelled that one for quite awhile!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts