Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. My name is Evan. I just started working on a 68 camaro RS that has been in the family for 44 years. It was originally bought in 68 by my grandma, who is now in her mid 90's. She gave It to my brother who covered it up and let it sit in his back driveway for the last twelve years. I finally talked him into letting me take it. It's not actually mine yet but I'm hoping he will eventually sign it over to me. Either way I don't mind spending a few bucks on it to get it driving and my hope is to go take my grandma for a ride some time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Nice project and welcome to Team Camaro!...Good Luck!

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
Love the color...wonder why? Welcome to TC :D

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Welcome aboard Evan.
Nice project and good for the heart & soul too.

Brian

·
Super Moderator
32,351 Posts
Yes, welcome aboard, Evan.
Grandmother bought the correct year.
Nice ride.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome guys. I anticipate spending a lot of time surfing these forums.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Welcome to the site Evan! I will my grandmother had bought such a great car and most importantly kept it!

What do you have planned for the car?

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Evan, you have the best year, I have 2 68's, my Dad got the first one,
in high school I got a leftover 68. Still have both. Take care of her.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the site Evan! I will my grandmother had bought such a great car and most importantly kept it!

What do you have planned for the car?
My plan is to just get it running right now. I am rebuilding the carb and cleaning/or replacing the fuel tank and sending unit. I don't have a real long term plan yet. It really depends on my brother and what he wants to do with it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will take care of her. She has a lot of family history. I am just glad to get it out of the elements and into a dry garage.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Fantastic little car! 6 banger and a RS to boot. What is the color? White, Sierra Fawn, Cream or something else? Please keep it stock...and don't be adding spoiler.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fantastic little car! 6 banger and a RS to boot. What is the color? White, Sierra Fawn, Cream or something else? Please keep it stock...and don't be adding spoiler.
It's not white. So it must be Cream. I am not sure what Sierra Fawn looks like.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks John. That's pretty cool to have your dads car. I often wish I had my parents 68 charger that they bought brand new. Dare I say I like Mopars here on Team Camaro? Actually I like all different brands. There's room for them all. I just wish I could afford any of them. In fact here is my last toy. I sold it shortly after the local track closed. I wonder if any Camaro guys here can tell me what it is! :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, no guesses? Are you all offended I posted a dodge on here? :)

Actually I posted a picture of a dodge and a Camaro....you can just see him a little bit behind me!

·
Super Moderator
32,351 Posts
1964 Dodge Dart GT, Not to many people up after midnight , the Right Coast time.
Former Dodge truck owner myself, 1949, 1959, and 1973, bought new.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice guess. You even got that it was a GT. Well hopefully this car will be as nice some day.

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,493 Posts
Thanks John. That's pretty cool to have your dads car. I often wish I had my parents 68 charger that they bought brand new. Dare I say I like Mopars here on Team Camaro? Actually I like all different brands. There's room for them all. I just wish I could afford any of them. In fact here is my last toy. I sold it shortly after the local track closed. I wonder if any Camaro guys here can tell me what it is! :)

Looks like my grandma's car...on steroids. Yours have a slant 6, push button auto too ?:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like my grandma's car...on steroids. Yours have a slant 6, push button auto too ?:)
It did, for awhile. It ended up with a 340 and and a Hurst shifter connected to a built 904 tranny with an 8-3/4 rear end.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts