Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about these rims.I have a set of 4 and want to find out if there late 69 Z 28 rims.I Have Jerry McNeishs book but they don't have them in there .Are all YH rims 69 Z 28 rims.They are 15X7 and if the valve stem is at 12 o'clock on the left of it it has K 10 then a 5 not in succession then the valve stem then 18 then space then YH .Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think what you have are YH rims made May 18, 1970. There probably came off a Monte Carlo. K=Kelsey, 1=Chevrolet, 0=Year (70), 5=Month (May), 18=Day of Month

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
.....or service replacements

·
Registered
393 Posts
Someone would have to confirm but I thought that the FW wheel started on the Monte in 71 and the 70 Monte used the YH wheel. Need confirmation.

I have a set very similar. Mine are K10-4-10 and K10-5-12's/13's

Murph

·
Registered
156 Posts
That was my thinking Murph. I couldn't see them producing this rim just for a service replacement. It had to go on one of the Chevy production cars.

·
Registered
165 Posts
YH rims were used on 70 Monte Carlos. My 70 SS 454 still has the originals on it and the build sheet shows that they should be on there.

·
Registered
156 Posts
YH rims were used on 70 Monte Carlos. My 70 SS 454 still has the originals on it and the build sheet shows that they should be on there.
Well that answers that question. Does anyone know what the last date code was for the YH rims and when the FW's started?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys thanks for all the info.Im thinking of maybe selling them now that I know there not from any Z28's.Does anyone know what they might be worth? There in really good condition .Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts