Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
From the standpoint of decreased restriction yes. However, there are reports that on carborated cars of power loss. I believe that most often happens with the K&N filter lids and strange flow patters that affect the carb vents, and airbleeds. From my experience with them, your increase depends on the vehicle / motor. For example, my 94 [email protected]%D F150 has a very restrictive air box and the improvement was noticable. But a smaller motor or a better designed intake system might not exhibit the same improvment IMHO.

-dnult

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Yup......

D brought up an excellent point on the 'cleaner lid' problems.

I like the 14" element and have used it extensivly with excellent results.......and have experienced the same problems as D stated about the 'lid's.

A realistic increase number will greatly rely on your overall engine/induction package. The 'Flow Control' system has produced the 25+ hp increase on an engine that made 400+ hp, I will stand behind their claim on that one. But as for the element replacement alone......between 6 to 12 on average would be a good round number.....amybe more......it depends.

·
Registered
114 Posts
On a 327 I had built, I had 311 HP to the tires on a new paper element, with the KN switch, only moments later it made 314 HP. This was with a 14" element.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts