Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bled their brakes with this bleeder? I was doing fine up until I needed to bleed the fronts, the fluid doesn't make it past the delay valve under the master. I changed the valve 7 times, and no luck. Anyone have any ideas??

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
A pressure bleeder won't provide enough pressure to get past the delay valve. (I recall reading that it takes 50 PSI or so to open the valve) There is a little button on the back of the delay valve - it needs to be held IN while pressure bleeding the brakes. (The valve is normally "IN" - you need to keep it there) I think I read that there is a tool to hold the button in. My solution was to wrap a screw type radiator hose clamp around the valve and tighten it down. It works great, but does take a small amount of finagling to get the clamp around the valve. You might have to remove its mounting bracket to get the clamp around it.

You're not alone - that thing had me baffled as well. http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84628&highlight=metering+valve+bpos

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As always, you guys are the best. I recall hearing something about that button, but totally forgot about it ( much the same way I cannot remember anything from the 70's and before ) The brakes are bled, and now all I have to do is put back a working proportioning valve, and I'll be all set. Thanks again..:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts