Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have one? or know anyone who does?

My truck is on its way out and I need something bigger, so I need a new car. I saw these serentos around and they looked nice, so I thought I would stop in a look at them... They were actually really nice.

They had one on sale, I was looking at last night. It was a 2004 with the V-6, power windows, power locks, keyless entry, heated mirrors (?), A/C, cruise, CD player, the alloy rims, side step bars. and all they want is $19,300 brand new... Thats better than what anyone else is offering. Any other dealer wants $24,000 for anything that even compares to that...

So what do you all think?

http://www.kia.com/sorento/index.php

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Dear Tony,

I know a Kia can look pretty nice, and for the money they ask you might think :"Hey!thats a pretty good deal!" right?

Well, quess what.

If your looking for trouble and missery, go and buy one.

I rented a Kia Sportage for 3 weeks, The engine was so weak it couldnt even handle the long gears of the automatic, it was downshifting like mad!

after using the shortgearing option like 3 times, it didnt want to go back in long gearing :(

the airconditioning hardly worked at all.

when i came back from that trip, i spoke 2 cardealers, 1 in america and one in europe!

they both say the same :" cheap and nice looking, so there MUST be something wrong with it!"

and there is! QUALITY! or should i say NO QUALITY!
it just sucks, im sorry to say it!

keep away from it!

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
I bought a 2003 Accent Hatch with the five speed with only A/C and the stock radio for $10,000, (no trade), when I thought I was going to have to give my 2000 corn-popper Metro to my son to help him out.

IT is the only Hatch car in that price range, period!!!! It's rated at like 33mpg highway, but old-man me has gotten up to 39mpg out of it running 60'ish w/o the A/C on down the highway commuting to work..

I know it isn't the greatest ride in the world AND that if I woulda waited until the model year change I coulda probably bought it for right at $9200 to $9300 or so but after trying out a Kia Rio sedan, I said no way to it!!

It was just kinda not as refined as the Accent on the road.... Even for the money and 100,000 mile warrantee and the fact I actually wanted a small true S/W that only Kia pretty much now makes IN THIS PRICE RANGE!!!

I figure that in 4 to 5 years after GM gets done with Kia, they will be out of the corn-popper car market just about like Suzuki is now after this latested model change..

Don't get me started on that!!!!

pdq67

·
Registered
409 Posts
the sportage was/is the biggest piece of sh!t built right now

the sorento is nice, a friend has one, no probs so far, his wife drives it daily approx 40 miles roundtrip

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've heard that they have some Brake problems, but dont quote me, i've worked on a few, personally I think theres too much plastic under the hood, but you get what you pay for,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts