Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a pattern, drawing, or maybe post the correct dimensions for the kick
panel speaker hole. I know they are shaped a little like an oblong octagon but, I am
apprehensive about cutting without the correct information. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I cut mine (67) to install some aftermarket 4" speakers. I figured out where to cut by looking at the sheet metal behind the kick panel. There is an obvious cavity where the speaker fits. It is not an exact process but you can at least figure out where to make a hole at the approximate center, and once that hole is drilled you can put your finger through and feel around for the inside edges of the cavity. My kick panels also did have some overspray from the original paint that inidicated the location of where the holes would be, but I did not use that as a guide, since I used the method above.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea thanks, I know about the hole in the body behind the kick panels. I have mine completely out so the hole is visible. I guess I just don't trust my cutting capabilities. Plus, I like originality. I already messed up one set of original panels. I don't want to flub up any more. They are original blue, with a/c, so, they're not that ez to come by.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.