Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this doesn't sound too stupid but how in the world do you get the kick panels out. The one on the drivers side on my '68 has screws at the top and located behind a brace. I can not get to them to save my life. Thanks.....

·
Registered
241 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think the brace you are refering to is the parking brake. If so, you need to look on the firewall under the hood, to find two bolts that hold the parking brake assembly to the firewall and remove them. There is also one holding the assembly to the dash if I remember right.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I had the same problem too. I thought I could pull the panels for a quick soak and scrub. Ack .. ! what a project. A hour later the Pass side was off and I never got the driver side off. The Em brake was in the way. The Pass side had to come way out before removal because the air flap assembly comes out with it. About 4 inches deep. So I am sure other items will block driver side also.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I went to Home Depot and purchased a right angle, ratcheting screw driver. I was able to get my hand up there and back out the screw.

The screw driver is all metal. It is about 4" long by 1/2 inch flat. It has a Phillips head on one side and a flat head on the other side. It even has a ratchet switch on it.
I think I spent $3 for it.

I got the drivers side kick pannel out in 15 min.

------------------
69 RS Convertible Camaro, 350/350. Orignal red with black top and interior.
http://www.ragersworld.com/

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys and thanks 67killerb. You are exactly right and I should have figured that out myself. Sometimes you get so frustrated looking for away to get around the obstacle to get a solution, you don't sit back and think about moving the obstacle. It is 2 bolts on the firewall and 1 under the dash. thanks again. Also another quick question. I have seen in other post people talking of parts from our sponsor....Who is our sponsor and is this a company that gives the members here better prices? Thanks....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts