Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
Craig, a small o-ring should be in there. If not, then its a plastic part of the stem thats conical in shape and snugs into the tranny hole with some RTV. This is my 700r that my mechanic installed. I recall my old TH350 had a small bolt that held the plastic piece into the tranny edge there. :)

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im betting your garage floor is covered every moring with trans fluid?
yes either an O ring or plastic baffle goes there.
otherwise itll leak.
you can get either at a local tranny shop
I had a feeling that was the case. I finally got the firebird back together last night after having the entire driveline out this winter. Took it down the road last night for the first time. When I got it back to the shop and back up on the lift I noticed I had a pretty good tranny leak coming from somewhere. It was getting late and I didn't have time to look at it close. But have been thinking about it today at work and where it could be coming from. I don't think there was any type of seal (o-ring) on the kickdown linkage cable when I bolted it back in to the tranny. I'm hoping that's it then as that would be a simple fix. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
601 Posts
disconnect cable from carb than take out bolt pull up and move sideways it will come off of inner linkage. theres an o-ring there unless it is a later model cable than a boot.​

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, just to put an end to the story. As is usually my luck i didnt get that lucky. The seal where the torque converter goes in is leaking. Must have damaged it when i removed the tranny. Why i didnt just replace it when it was out is beyond me. Anyway, out comes the tranny...again. I guess in one way i can be thankful its 30 degrees here cause all you can do is work on em.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts