Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a th400 in my 68 BB car. I am trying to connect the kickdown harness to the tranny. The harness has one connector on the tranny side and the transmission has two conectors. I have read somewhere that this is for something called TCS (Transmission Controlled Spark). My question is do I have to have anything special on the engine side to make this work or can I just connect to the one side of the connector for just the kickdown?
I probably have the wrong cable and I want to use the TCS portion if it won't be too difficult to get it working.

Steve

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
I've only dealt with the single terminal 400s but here is a suggestion. Use a digital volt meter to measure resistance between each terminal and ground. I'd guess the kick-down solenoid would give you about 20 to 40 ohms of resistance (give or take). The other connection is probably a pressure switch if it's used for spark control as you suggest. If so, the switch terminal will measure near 0 ohms or infinity depending on if it's open or closed.

-dnult

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Maybe you can just change out the kickdown solenoid with a single terminal one..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts