Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finnaly got done with the 454 project but now I am getting a strange niose. When the car is running there is a knocking and squeaking noise at the same time :confused: . The noise changes as I rev the engine or as I let in the clutch.It is pretty loud. The engine just had the heads redone and is farely fresh. What could be my problem here?

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
I've heard loose torque converters cause a concerning knock. Any chance the clutch didn't get sinched up good?

-dnult

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I would take a look at the throw-out bearing as the source for the squeal. Also, did you install a new pilot bushing? If not, your tranny input shaft would have way to much room to move about and this is not a good thing ...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i replaced the bearing. So thats not it. I also have a 4 speed so I have no torque converter. Godd call though my dad just had that problem on his car and we fixed it. Mine on the other hand I dont no. could It be the pressure plate?

·
Registered
60 Posts
sounds like you might have to bite the bullet and drop the pan to check the lower end and pop off the valve covers and check the rockers

·
10,144 Posts
I had a friend with a 454 newly rebuilt, he had no oil to the left side rocker arms. I never found out why that happened. It was an early 80's engine.
There were little piles of metal shavings under each rocker! :eek:
David

·
Registered
622 Posts
clutch disk installed backwards???

have you tried running the engine without belt driven accy's connected??

good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts