Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old set of Koni Special D shocks that were bought in the mid 80's.

The fronts are part # 80A-1914

The rears are part # 80-1915

The bottom "eye" bushings are shot and need replacing. The upper two bushings that get sandwiched in the upper shock mount need replacing also.

Does anyone know where I can get these? I have done some research online including Koni's website but haven't come up with anything so far.

Also, does anyone one have source for replacement decals?

Thanks.......Dave

·
Premium Member
11,167 Posts
I have had my original Koni shocks over 30 years, they were the best. When I tore down for rebuilding the car some 15 years ago, I felt they had served their purpose. Even then they felt firm . I like the 3 way valve setting , for adjustment to your driving feel. I run them in four corners in firm setting.

I went for a new set as the bushing in the lower end were as yours. The uppers were not an issue as I replace with poly when ever I have the need to pull them off as they do pancake. I would buy new ones. They will serve many more years unless someone thinks a better fluid shock comes along.

Considering the price of others , you may not notice the higher cost.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

At least for now I have to try to re-use these shocks. With hundred dollar bills flying out the window every time I turn around in this restoration, new shocks are an expense I don't need right now.

I asked on this forum some time ago if these shocks were still useable even though they are thirty plus years old. They only have about three years of use on them. All the replies I got at that time felt they would still be good.

I hope I don't have to ditch good useable shocks just on account of worn rubber bushings.

Thanks....Dave

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will give them a check tomorrow,

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

At least for now I have to try to re-use these shocks. With hundred dollar bills flying out the window every time I turn around in this restoration, new shocks are an expense I don't need right now.

I asked on this forum some time ago if these shocks were still useable even though they are thirty plus years old. They only have about three years of use on them. All the replies I got at that time felt they would still be good.

I hope I don't have to ditch good useable shocks just on account of worn rubber bushings.

Thanks....Dave
Koni can rebuild any shock that they have ever sold. If you are the Original purchaser, they are warrantied for life

1 - 8 of 8 Posts