Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kudo's to Jeg's High Performance. Found a vendor online, Car Shop, Inc. that had Koni Specials for $96.95 a pop and they price matched!!! wOO wOO!!! New toys for the car!!! :beers:

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
I have the Konis on all four corners of my car and along with other suspension upgrades it handles nicely. I really can't tell how much the Konis may have helped because I never drove the car before disassemble and rebuilding, but the car handles really well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
X33D80, Just curious did you go with the soft setting or did you make any revolutions in the shock to stiffen them? I'm thinking of going with a full 360 degree turn or approximately 1/5 up from the softest setting. I know Koni recommends experimenting, but I'd rather not take them off and on and just ballpark it the first go round.

·
Premium Member
11,170 Posts
I have run Koni's since day 2 on my Z, Several years ago after 25 years I removed them and replaced them with the KYB gas special,, boy could I tell the differance. Bonzzi clutch drops at hi rpm sent the rear end dancing. I found a site, Performance depot that sold pairs under a $90 each , got 4 and put back on. The ride was back. I have the front set on firm to keep nose down and high speeds and rear to keep rear wheel hop down. Only 3 setting on this valving.

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
I believe mine have three settings too and when mounting them I put them all on medium and have not yet experimented with changing them. The ride is now firm but not uncomfortably so, but going over railroad tracks is interesting.
zdld17 - Do you also have your rears set on firm? I'm not sure after reading your message.

·
Premium Member
11,170 Posts
I believe mine have three settings too and when mounting them I put them all on medium and have not yet experimented with changing them. The ride is now firm but not uncomfortably so, but going over railroad tracks is interesting.
zdld17 - Do you also have your rears set on firm? I'm not sure after reading your message.
All on firm. I have the orginal off road GM .750 wire 550# rate springs in front. I have always felt firm was the best there. I have always set rear to firm since day 2. The rears are not the drag shock , but the 80-1953 . Front are the 80-1914. All are fluid shocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts