Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with this lift, even if you don’t what’s your opinion. I’m real close to placing an order, just having trouble letting go of the $1,600 it will take to get the one I want to my door. Any words of wisdom are appreciated. www.kwiklift.com

------------------
Robert Johnson

'69 getting better every day... (every pay day)
350ci 700r4 3.55 posi A/C PS PDB

·
Registered
980 Posts
It doesn't look like it's very flexible. Lots of times when I'm working on something I find myself raising or lowering the car just a bit to make something easier to do.

It doesn't appear that you can easily re-position the car with this unit.

------------------
68 Coupe, 350 4-speed
Jim's Camaro Corner

·
Registered
387 Posts
I agree with the comments above. That unit is not very flexible. I considered a Kwiklift, but a friend of mine convinced me to spend some time and hunt for a used 4-post lift. After about 3 months of hunting I found a good used unit for $1500. I found mine by watching the shops and tools section of the local classifieds. There are always shops opening and closing and this results in a pretty healthy used market. I did look at a bunch of junk first, and many of the units are not really good fits for a home garage, but I did find one that just needed some wiring repair and general clean-up.

------------------
Dave68RS/SS Convertible
L48 (350/295 Powerglide)

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should have mentioned that ceiling height is questionable due to a beam running right across the garage. Good points though.
Keep 'em coming

------------------
Robert Johnson

'69 getting better every day... (every pay day)
350ci 700r4 3.55 posi A/C PS PDB

G

·
WOW… only $1600!!! I’ve been watching these lifts at the GoodGuy’s shows here in the S.F. Bay Area sell for $1900 uncoated… $2300 coated.
I too have thought about one of these units and for the same reasons… the beam in the center of the garage ceiling.
Mark (A.K.A. Z28 Mark)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
For that kind of money I’d pour a slab out side and buy a used twin post lift to put on it, just weather proof the motor and have the height to walk under your car. I’ve seen used twin post go for around $900 to $1200 before.

------------------
Geezer

·
Registered
358 Posts
i trust my "american" 4-post lift because i like a chain lift...i dont trust cable type,if the cable ends aren't crimped tight they can pull out...mine is over kill.rated at 12,000lb ...just my feelings.......you might want to go to the service dept at your local dealer and see what they use...i did..

------------------
1968 s.s.,r.s.,396
1997 brickyard festival-
pace car no.1
1965 chevelle malibu
1964 chevelle s.s. 4-sp
1969 z28-x77 302

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.