Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used LED bulbs for 69 camaro taillights. I converted my front headlights but want to use LED bulbs in the original taillight sockets. Do I need to change anything for them to work (HD Flasher??) or are they just plug and play. I do not want to buy them if they will not work.

·
19,864 Posts
I bought the ones from www.musclerodz.com (site sponcer) and have no issues and they are bright :cool:

These are not just a bulb, they replace the lens also.

·
Registered
934 Posts
It all depends on what you buy. Some makers have lights that are plug and play....these already have resistors installed.....others don't. You need to make sure you know what you are getting.

I get all my stuff from www.autolumination.com. Most, if not all of their stuff is ready for 12V systems. If it isin't, it will be marked.

I will be ordering 6 of the "Spider Lights" for my RS tail lights.....when I have the cash to do so of course.....HERE

Joe

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
A couple years ago I installed the "new" version of the Technostalgia brake/tail/turn/backup LED lights into my '68 SS. The "new" version includes "rapid-fire" brake lights, which means the brake lights pulse a few quick times then stay constant on. Not sure if they still call it "new", heheh.

I made a short video (in my garage) which shows the turn signal and brake lights operating. I did not bother showing the tail lights or backup lights. I was mainly concerned with better brake/turn lighting in the rear to help avoid someone slamming into my a## end. The video really doesn't do the lights justice, they are much better in real life. However, it shows the innovative "rapid-fire" brake lights in operation. Plus, there is now a separate turn signal light, so that you still have 2 bright lights for braking.

I must say, these lights are one of the best things I ever bought for my car. I am very pleased with them. The backup lights are not too bright, but all other functions are just terrific.

Download the 1.7mb video here: http://csgbenefits.org/ledlights.wmv

-

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have the same as Doug G. I purchased mine from American Auto Wire. Musclerodz sells them now. It was one of the best upgrades that I have done. Super bright and you will like the sequential feature as well.
Safety has no dollar value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts