Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

A friend and I are trying to get a recently rebuilt L-78 car to fire but we are finding it has minimal vacuum as we crank it. What should we expect to find for a cranking vacuum? The cam is a replacement L-78 cam from Crane Cams.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Are you sure you don't mean cylinder pressure, as in cranking compression.
A starter spins the motor at such a low RPM the engine vacuum would be so minimal....

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
POut a squirt of either down the carb...If there is spark you will at least get a cyclinder or 2 firing
If not timing or no spark.

And I as-u&me the dizzy is in the right way and leads back in the right places....this is the usual screw up on such occassions....or forget to put the rotor in the dizzy.
Sure havnt put the Dizzy in 180 deg out.... pull #1 plug....finger over the hole bump engine over till feel press. then start turning over by hand, use a bit of wire or screw driver to feel the top of the piston at TDC...1/2 way between goping up and going down is TDC =+/- 1 deg close enough....rotor pionting straight forward and VA pionting behind the passengers headlamp when dropped in...then sort out the HT leads

1 - 6 of 6 Posts