Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 camaro with a 3.8 V6. After putting a new battery and starter in it I tryed to pull it out of the garage but stalled. I checked wiring and vac hoses (thought I might have disturbed them while working but everything was connected). Now it idles ok but when accelarating it lacks
power, backfires and stalls. Also Seems to have a flat spot when I push the accelerator slowly. If I pump the accelertor it seems to run better.
I replaced wires, rotor, cap. plugs are fairly new and look good.Ive tryed changing the timing several times. Code check says #33 so I changed the map sensor but no change. Its fuel injected. I will change the fuel filter tomorrow. I'd appreciate any other ideas, getting desperate! Thankyou.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
wires are crossed...this will call a map code sometimes because the motor will backfire through the intake and make vacuum erratic...recheck the firing order...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but when I double checked all the wires they were set to the correct firing order. I replaced my fuel filter and now the problem is worse, the car won't even start.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
see if you have spark...let me know...the coil could have failed, or the module...start there...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have spark at all six cylinders. I pulled the wires at each plug and checked for spark with a screw driver.

I posted a thread like this on thirdgen.org and someone else said the same exact thing about it possibly being a cat problem. I'm going to look into this next.

·
Registered
87 Posts
was the car in storage? if so friendly little creatures may have wanted a nice home somewhere in your exhaust system. iv'e seen em plug everything form mufflers to cat converters.sounds like since youv'e checked the most obvious-i would also so cat. converter. good luck-keep us posted.:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts