So, what grit would you use for the final sanding\

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do you mean wet on wet?
i am wet sanding but i dont think that is what you mean

I will be using a sealer here is what i have, and i was planning on spraying these one one after the next with flash time in between
Dupont ChromaSeal 2870S - 2K high solids urethane sealer
Dupont ChromaBase color, its a Toyota color Blue onyx effect. lots of blue pearl
and a chromaclear

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think he means spraying a second coat of sealer over the first when the first is still wet. A little better film build. Going with a darker color, I would not wet sand the primer with any less than 600 regardless of what you do with the sealer. Put at least 3 or 4 coats of CC so you can water sand it. Start with 1500, then go to 2000 at least. I go a bit further by buffing after the 2000 sanding (with 3M Trizact compound - 3000 grit), then power watersand with 4000 grit followed with a foam pad and machine glaze. Looks like water sitting on the car. Good luck/

·
Registered
19 Posts
wet on wet is when you sand the car down for final paint, then when you are ready paint you spray a sealer or epoxy primer and without letting it fully cure you spray your base coat. if thats what you are doing i would reccommend sanding the car with 600 grit the spray your sealer let that flash and then start basing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.