Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyones experience or opinions on the best drag radials for street use?

I know, do a search right? Some of the threads I read are pretty old though. B.F. Goodrich has their drag radial with two different tread patterns now and there may be some other new ones out now as well?

It's about time for me to buy tires and although a rare drive in the rain is always possible here in Florida, I'd like some wheelie-capable, sticky street slicks around the 275/60-15 size.

·
19,789 Posts
MT DR's or Hoosiers DR's is about it for max hook in a radial. Just need to remember,neither is recommended for the wet and with a soft compound don't last long (depending on burnout and mileage driven) Both have a ware rating of 0 (zero) which the tire shop had to have a sticker off the tires for giggles :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
I second the opinion that M/T DR's are the latest and greatest in DR technology. The BFG DR (traditional tread) is still a good hooking tire and, in my experience, provides more street mileage, but I'd rather have the better hooking tire. I'm not running DR for mileage expectancy.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
X3 on the MT DR's again not the best for street life, but in my opinion the best of both traction and street life combined. Hoosiers hook great but I've heard from others here that tread life is noticeably shorter than MT's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts