Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember my first ride in a Boss 302 Mustang... Freshman year (76/77)after Football practice.. teammates brother was a senior and they gave me a ride home.. he was haulin arse and he pops in Boston and is cranking the tune Smokin , first time I ever heard the song.... I have always vowed one day I will buy that same car and crank that same tune while jammin' up the street in my old neighborhood to my parents house....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070310/ap_en_mu/obit_delp

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
A great loss to the music world. Can only hope it wa natural and nothing else.
I even still have their albums on 8 track :)

Kev

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Wow, that really $*cks!! I did not listen to Boston's first album until probably 5 or 6 years after it was released which is when I entered HS. I know that first album influenced many bands and the recording style of music. Def Leppard used alot of their style in recording Pyromania and more so Hysteria. Other bands have cited that style and album as a major influence on their careers.

Boston's debut album was the best selling debut of all time until Guns & Roses broke their record with the release of Appetite for Destruction well over a decade later.

Boston's third album called "Third Stage" came out in 1986. I was 18 then. And yes even though in 1986 Motley Crue, Metallica, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Van Halen and others were making headway and/or headlines my friends & I always thought Third Stage was cool. "Can't you say you believe in me". Hey even a metal head can't listen to metal 24/7. I liked Boston!! Some compared Def Leppard's tragedies & struggles in between album release dates with Boston's.

Oh yea that first song I heard & liked from Boston's debut album as a kid in 1982 & listened to over & over was "Peace of Mind".....May Brad Delp rest in peace.

Thanks ChevyThunder!!

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Boston....What a band.. :thumbsup: I remember crusin down El Camino real with boston blaring on the radio....Sorry to hear about Brad Delp....may he RIP.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Big Boston fan here about like loosing family one of the few bands that
sounded just as good in concert as there albums R.I.P. Brad.You will be
missed.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Bummer! I always wanted to see a big comeback from the group.
First I had they're music on vinyl, then 8 track, then cassette, & now CD.
First album reminds me of my senoir year in high school. It was a party!

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
I've got their albums on 8 track in the Camaro now and back in HS as well. They used to play night clubs down on Cape Cod in Hyannis in the early 70's before they made it big.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Brings back a lot of memories. I was in college. Reagan got shot, then Lennon and then Bonham died. End of an era.... again.

·
15,370 Posts
I've got their albums on 8 track in the Camaro now and back in HS as well. They used to play night clubs down on Cape Cod in Hyannis in the early 70's before they made it big.
"One night in Hyannis... a man came to the stage one night. Smoked a big cigar and drove a Cadillac car... said 'Boys, I think this bands out of sight. Sign a record company contract, you know I've got great expectations....."
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,619 Posts
When their 1st album came out I remember hearing or reading that it took them over 3 years to make. I don't know if it's true, but it sure sounds like it. RIP

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I hate the whole ageing thing, most of my songs come from the oldies channel now like Boston, I dont like the disc jock to say oldies and Boston in the same breath.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I will say something magical happened in the 60's and 70's with the music, the culture, and attitude. Everytime I go to a concert for what might now be considered "oldies", I see faces of very young people mixed in with a now greying society. These kids are not there for taking care of their geriactric counterparts, instead they are fans of the music. I see this in my own 17 year old daughter, who just happens to have "borrowed" about all of my CD's. I was amazed to see the gleem in her and other young peoples eyes at my recently attended Eric Clapton concert. Another giant in the music we love has gone, but I feel the music they produced will stand the test of time, RIP fine mucisian.

·
15,370 Posts
Same here.... the wife and I will go to a concert of a band that's been around for a few decades and fully expect to see nothing but us old fogies there, just to see most of the crowd is young. Or we'll go to a concert with new bands from this generation and 50% of the people there WILL be old fogies like us.
:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts