Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought about this.

I think that I have recently read that Cali is outlawing lead wheel weights!

Anybody else following this?

And our Military is testing non-lead containing bullets!

It's gotten to where PC is so bad that we are worried about people dying of lead poisoning in a war!!

Next thing you know, we will be shooting nets and rubber bullets!

pdq67

·
3,358 Posts
Paul,
If you do some reading and find out how many animals, fish, and birds die from lead exposure you will understand why they are doing it. Who cares what the wheel weights are made out of anyway ? Same with the bullets and buckshot ? If the wheel is in balance, and whatever you are shooting at is dead, then why not use something that is safer and might make the world safer for our children, grandchildren and so forth ?

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Paul...
I agree with Bill...the lead isn't doing anybody any good. Any compound that can be used for a bullet or weight is fine with me.

Kev

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
As far as wheel weights go I agree. But as a hunter and sporting shooter a lot of the lead substitutes are inferior in trajectory and penetration meaning wounding an animal rather than a clean kill even with proper shot placement a possibility. As for the substitutes that do work well and in some cases better than lead there costs are often 2-4x's that of there lead counterpart.

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Check out history...about the time of American war of independance...Old King George was a bit mad...lead was being smelted for everything...most of the world was a bit crazy..,
I mean the Britsh lost America...Benjiman Franlin wa running around in a stom with a Kite !! I mean would u do that for fun...without a rain coat and tights!

The only Sane ppl around then was the NZ Moari, they where still in the Stoneage.

Considering that yeah we should ban lead wheel weights...look what the fat cats on wall street have done..blame it on lead poisoning....

·
19,792 Posts
If we get rid of lead... what will China put in their toys :clonk:

I'm ok with the wheel weights, but for size Vs. weight it could be a problem... and as above with bullets :noway: steel shot sucks at best

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
I'm ok with the wheel weights, but for size Vs. weight it could be a problem... and as above with bullets :noway: steel shot sucks at best
......and can you imagine the gangster movie bad guy saying,

"I'm gonna fill you with copper, copper". ;)

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I suppose that "getting the lead out of your a..." will lose its meaning too?:)

capt
I always thought that was referring to stepping on the gas to clear out the motor when cars still ran leaded fuel?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Anyone know what the life of all the batteries (or large battery), that those Prius' driving around Cali is? I would think that those will also be ground and groundwater pollutants some day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts