Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've taken my leaf springs apart and am going to have them sand blasted to remove the rust which is really bad on them. The black silencers are badly worn so I'm going to replace them. My Classic Industries catalog lists two differant kits for the job.

A. Multi Leaf rebuild kit $39.95 US (As standard)
B. Leaf spring liner kit $24.95 US (upgrade)

Has anyone had any dealings with either of these kits?

Any help would be great.

Mark J

·
Registered
523 Posts
I put the leaf spring full liners in my 69 Z/28. I can't give you any info because I have yet to drive the car with the rebuilt springs in it. Sorry.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was it easy? Did they have locators like the other standard spacers?

MJ

·
Registered
211 Posts
I live in Denver and I bought mine from Larry at Camaros Plus, don't know where he gets them. When I was looking I found the same thing that you have. The liners that I looked at where long plastic sheets that went the entire length between each spring. I bought the other which are "pucks" that fit near the end of each spring and rides on the next spring. The "pucks" are the original type and the liners are not, so it depends if you are looking for originality or not. I think both work well. The "pucks" will only work on original springs.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi MaizeDog,

Can you purchase the "pucks" separately? If so can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks MJ

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yes, they can be purchased by themselves. When I bought mine I also got the clamps to go around the springs to hold them together. The number for Camaro's Plus is 303-420-6229 M-F 8:00-5:00 MST. Don't be put off by Larry he can be a little grumpy at times.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi MazeDog,

Do they have an Email or web site. I'm in Australia and have a few questions.

Cheers, MJ

·
Registered
211 Posts
No he does not have a web site or anything other than a phone number. Camaro's Plus is a very small business specializing in restorations, the used/restoration parts is just a little side business. With the time difference it may be a little tough but that is the only way to contact them. He will answer any question you have as long as you are buying parts from him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts