Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it OK to remove these? Can't the get traction bar angle correct with my wedges.

·
Premium Member
11,155 Posts
No, do not remove them. Your traction bar "caltracs?' should be able to swivel to the needed angle. The wedges I think you are referring to ( to correct pinion angle?) can be placed between spring pad and insulator . I presume you have a multi leaf?

Thinking about this more, I guess if you were setting car up for strip, they coud be removed provided you install new perches and lower plates.

·
Retired
26,615 Posts
It's been so long but I'm running hotchkis springs without the upper pad and it's no problem. I am running the lower one but the way I had the big hole in the spring pad welded and drilled for pin (spring) location and the rear height I wanted required going without the upper. No adverse effects have been noticed over several years...

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Calvert racing says not to use the pads.I talked with them last Thursday when I ordered my Caltracs.Mopars and Fords dont use pads.You need to use a spacer to make up for the space between the mounting brackets and springs.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank for the replies! I'm just running a set of old slapper bars. I'll just make up the plate to take up the clearance. This should work for me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts