Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a great site. I've been lurking on here for a couple months, now I have a problem and would like to ask for some advice.

I have a '68 with a Chris Alston front end with 550 lb springs, subframe connectors, 9 in. with 350 gears, and a 350 turbo transmission. I recently got my 383 installed and got enough miles on it I felt comfortable stabbing the gas. When I did the old sagging monoleafs wrapped up and the snout on my rearend put some nifty dents in the floorpan. All this with street tires.

I was anticipating putting new leaf springs on, just not quite yet. But I can't go on long having this much torque ans not being able to fully enjoy it. I don't want traction bars, I do not plan on taking this car to the strip except maybe to see what it will do. I would like the car to handle well, though. Should I return to the monoleafs, or are multileafs more the way to go? How about spring rates? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

·
10,160 Posts
The front rates will be hard to compare to a stock Camaro without some measurements from the lower A arm.
I would use a Hotchkis three leaf rear spring, it has a good ride, and will hook up well with no wheel hop as far as I have seen. The bottom leaf is thick like a built in traction bar.
David

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I had seen the Hotchkis 3 leafs in a catalog but didn't know if I wanted to go that way or not. After reading your reply I checked out your links and learned even more.

Thanks again,

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts