Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To get the correct pinion angle I had to add shims between the leaf spring and multi-leaf rear spring perch. Now the locating pin in the leaf spring no longer extends up into the rear multi leaf pocket. Is this going to cause alignment problems and/or cause the rear to move on the leaf springs? I’m using drag radials at track and I don’t want the rear to move around?

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Is the hole larger on your shims ? If it is, you can put a bushing over the top of the pin that will extend the pin. Cut the length of the bushing to size.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have seen guys take the axle loose from the spring then use welding clamps to secure the spring pack together. Then they replace the spring bolt with a new bolt and add a 1/2 inch tube space under the spring bolt head. This gives it enough height to get through the pinion shim and up into the spring perch. Works like a charm.

_Adam

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have seen guys take the axle loose from the spring then use welding clamps to secure the spring pack together. Then they replace the spring bolt with a new bolt and add a 1/2 inch tube space under the spring bolt head. This gives it enough height to get through the pinion shim and up into the spring perch. Works like a charm.

_Adam
Sounds good. I'm going to try this. Thanks

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Place an identical shim in the opposite direction at the botom of the spring pack. it'll bring it back to the correct orentation for locating the spring pin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts