Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just thinking of starting a new business. I have some upholstery connections and came up with what I think is a great idea. I would like to start mass producing factory looking seats for 1st generation Camaro's (and other cars later on) using LEATHER. I just wanted to know if anyone here thinks that would be a product they would consider. I am looking for any positive OR negative feedback on this idea.

So far I think I can keep the cost of front buckets and rear bench in the neighborhood of $800. If I could get them to you for this price, how many of you would get them rather than the vinyl? Does that sound like a fair price? Too high? Too low? Would you buy leather seats if door panels etc. were still factory vinyl?

I will also consider making custom seats in the factory pattern but using exotic leathers like ostrich, stingray etc. in the insets. Of course price would vary depending on the materials.

Just wanted some input before spending the 10+ grand to get started. All comments are welcome!! :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Randy,

My name is Judy - I just started with this forum today. I for one would be interested in that. I have an interior all original in pretty good shape and would prefer to have it redone in leather, rather than looking for new seats. Basically because you never know how other seats will match up in your particular car. My seats are in good shape other than the side of the driver seat - it is starting to frey a little. I originally was looking for leather replacement seats or used ones but depending upon the price I would rather have then redone having NEW leather. Did you start your business? I know you posted in May. Just wondering.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Judy, Randy's post was in May of 2003, and he hasn't posted on these forums since June 2003. You might look at his profile and see if he has an active email address. Oh, and Welcome to Team Camaro!!!

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
Those leather seats must have been in high demand :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts