Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously considering getting into LED headlights...

I'm looking at these

Made by Truck-Lite.
Drop-in replacement for #6014, 6015, 6016, H6024 and Par 56 (7 inch round) headlamp designs.
Uses standard, H4, 3-blade wiring connector.

Any Opinions?

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
LED Headlights have been in use on our Military vehicles since 2008 or earlier on Jeeps and Humvee so the issues have not been with their performance but with the price as they have trickled over to the consumer civilian marketplace.

A few years back a pair of seven inch LED headlights were over a grand. Now a decent pair land in your basket for a couple hundred a piece. Most of the better ones have a lifetime guarantee.

Drop Matt of Matt's Classic Bowties who is a supporting member and has a dedicated forum here a PM as he was carrying a great line a year ago by JW Speaker. http://www.camaros.net/forums/member.php?u=44658

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,650 Posts
I have the Trucklite ones, like them a lot. No relays needed and really bright!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Just added these to my "list"...they're a little ways down, but not too far ;)

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what I understand, they have the standard plug so no wiring mods.
And they are the same size/dimensions of the original bulbs so no housing mods.

Hopefully, Chris ( 130fe ) will chime in and verify.

·
19,904 Posts
Some night shots from inside may help too ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
No mods required. It's literally a 20 minute install. Yes, they do stick out a bit further than normal at the outside edges but they are much flatter than stock so overall they stick out a bit further but not much. I'd say about 1/4 - 1/2 inch at the sides.

·
Registered
18 Posts
No relay is needed, because the LEDs will draw less power than the stock lights while putting out way more light. That said, voltage drop is voltage drop, and if the wiring is 40 years old, you'll still likely get better performance with a $20 relay kit.

Some of my two-year-old research on 7" round LED headlights, from when I was thinking of putting one on an old motorcycle:

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431847

At the time there were only two real options: Truck-Lite Phase 7 LED to the JW Speaker (Harley Davidson) PAR46, though that has probably changed (looks like the PAR56 is the next generation?).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a while. Let me know if you still want install pics. The anti flicker harmed is not required.

I'd like to know if these will work with an RS grill configuration If anyone has tried this.

Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts