Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wasn't satisfied with the lights in my trad. chrome autometer gauges(161) bulbs with green covers. So I ordered 4 of the HP5 t10 LED bulbs from Superbrightleds.com. Only 5.99ea. They are unbelievable,awesome bright and green. Sorry I should have pic. posted. I also did the dome and courtesy lights in cool white,very happy with those also. I"m going to do the speedo and tach. too. I dug these so much that now I'am doing the entire exterior lighting also. Very low current draw and almost no heat. They ain't cheap but really worth it imo. Can't say enough about em'.:yes::thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Does the dimmer still work with them?

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Nice. Post a pic when you get the dash ones in. I've been thinking about painting my speedo and tach needles with phosphorescent paint to make them easier to see. The 14" wheel cuts across them.

I see they work with 9V-18V.....I reckon once the dimmer turns down enough they just switch off.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

ok got dash lights done
i will try to post a pic.
i shot with no flash , guess it makes it harder to get steady clear shot

·
Premium Member
5,586 Posts
That looks great!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks ,
i'm really happy with the way they turned out, tuesday I get the outside lights I can't wait to see what they do:beers:
i didin't go with the digitail kit type because I think that required cutting into the rear harness.
superbrights has some pretty stout looking 1157 and 1156 set ups that plug right in

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
I love what you did with the LED lighting. Looks amazing! I see you posted the Superbrightleds.com part numbers for the Autometer gauges. By any chance do you have the part numbers for the dash lights and the blue under dash courtesy lights? Also, how many lights are needed to do the dash? By any chance, did you do the console light and heater light also? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Hoping to hear back from L30 327, but I’ve been researching this all day and yes, that what Ive come up with for a part number looking here and there and talking with tech help at supperbrightleds.com. Just wasn't sure about putting the same bulb in the bigger spedo and gas gauges.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,631 Posts
Which bulbs did you use for the courtesy lights?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts