Team Camaro Tech banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Blue69, I just clicked on the Amazon link 57Vette has in his post and they appear to be amber/amber. It doesn't mention White. I wonder if he might have mistakenly picked the wrong one to post here.
Brett....
Well I went back and looked at my bulb description and I think you are correct! Not happy with myself for not reading carefully. They are brighter so not all is lost. I'll have to order another set for the dual color bulbs..:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
I was hoping I was wrong, lol. Yes, get the other ones. I really like them. I'll give you a link and I promise mine are not just one color!
Brett....
P.S; WHAT is that on your avatar?! It looks like a human ear next to a carburetor.
Amazon White/Amber LED lights 1157

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was hoping I was wrong, lol. Yes, get the other ones. I really like them. I'll give you a link and I promise mine are not just one color!
Brett....
P.S; WHAT is that on your avatar?! It looks like a human ear next to a carburetor.
Thanks Brett, I just ordered a set. I'll have an option now with both types.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Brett....
It's a monkey with a wrench.😂 hence the name Monkeywrench!

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,087 Posts
Well I went back and looked at my bulb description and I think you are correct! Not happy with myself for not reading carefully. They are brighter so not all is lost. I'll have to order another set for the dual color bulbs..:mad:
You guys caught me! I've corrected the original post. What happened was I sequentially ordered three (3) different models from Amazon. The first ones by their design were too fat to allow the bulb to bayonet down into the socket even though they were spec'd as a plug and play replacement. Returned those. The second set, was amber/amberish... returned them as well. The third set was perfect. These puppies fit, and they worked as advertised. They bayonet nicely into the actual socket, and they are nice and bright.

IMG_7722.JPG IMG_7723.JPG IMG_7725.JPG IMG_7724.JPG

Very nice with a real glass lens up front. Pardon my 51 year old parking light. I wasn't sure so I went back up to the garage and took the lens off and the bulbs out total pix. Sorry for the mess up in my previous post.

Mike

·
Registered
164 Posts
You guys caught me! I've corrected the original post. What happened was I sequentially ordered three (3) different models from Amazon. The first ones by their design were too fat to allow the bulb to bayonet down into the socket even though they were spec'd as a plug and play replacement. Returned those. The second set, was amber/amberish... returned them as well. The third set was pure joy. Here you go.

View attachment 272771

These puppies fit, and they worked as advertised. They bayonet nicely into the actual socket, and they are nice and bright.

View attachment 272772

Very nice with a real glass lens up front. Pardon my 51 year old parking light. I wasn't sure so I went back up to the garage and took the lens off and the bulbs out total pix. Sorry for the mess up in my previous post.

Mike
You guys caught me! I've corrected the original post. What happened was I sequentially ordered three (3) different models from Amazon. The first ones by their design were too fat to allow the bulb to bayonet down into the socket even though they were spec'd as a plug and play replacement. Returned those. The second set, was amber/amberish... returned them as well. The third set was pure joy. Here you go.

View attachment 272771

These puppies fit, and they worked as advertised. They bayonet nicely into the actual socket, and they are nice and bright.

View attachment 272772

Mike
Mike, that screen shot shows the bayonet style base, do you have the link for the 1157 base? I looked on Amazon and didn't see the bulb in your pic with a 1157 base.

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,087 Posts
Some kind of glitch in amazons My Orders page. It shows the bayonet style as the one I purchased, but when I click on the order to see more detail, it goes to that other style base. In the comments people mention the 1157 style so I can't figure out what the glitch is. Unfortunately, no markings on the bulb to ID it. Here's my order/returns.

IMG_7726.PNG

Go figure. I'll try to figure it out.

Mike

·
Registered
79 Posts
21 - 28 of 28 Posts