Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
Lee-Marinette, Wisconsin 69 Camaro X 11
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been posted before but my search doesn't seem to be working. I have a 69 Camaro and would like to brighten up my tail lights, I have upgraded my wiring to AAA upgrade kit. Would I have to do something else to put LED bulbs in? If a kit is needed, what kit do I need? Subsequential is not out, but need kit numbers there to and which are the best out there.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you just get the bulbs (front and rear) or did you get the flasher too?

·
Premium Member
4,556 Posts
Did you just get the bulbs (front and rear) or did you get the flasher too?
You will need an LED flasher.

Don

·
19,864 Posts
Save some time and headache....just bite the bullet and get the LED replacement lenses. Ssssooooo much better, and safer too (they are BRIGHT)

·
Registered
425 Posts
And yes, you'll need an LED flasher...two of them, as our 1st gens (at least my 67) has a flasher that operates from the turn signal stalk, and a second one for the 4 way emergency flasher knob. The turn signal flasher is at the fuse box, and the 4 way emergency flasher is under the dash, between the left of the radio, and to the right of the steering column (held against the inner dash with a clip).

LED's use much less current to operate, and the flasher is expecting a filiment (more current), so with the stock flashers and LED bulbs, the LED bulbs with flash rapidly.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
check E Bay
United Pacific 110108-09 1969 Chevrolet Camaro LED Sequential Tail Light Set

Be the first to write a review.

Item Information

Condition:

New

Compatibility:
See compatible vehicles

Quantity:

Error icon
Last one / 2 sold

Price:

US $281.99

·
Registered
677 Posts
X2 on United Pacific 110108-09 1969 Chevrolet Camaro LED Sequential Tail Light Set
shop around different prices everywhere plug and play

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thank you for all your replies, is there some bulbs better than another for the front part/turn lights?

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bill on the United Pacific I recieved today it says you have to run a wire from brake switch to the yellow wire on lights, did you have to do this? Also, sent me a no load flasher, does that go to flasher in fuse block or by radio?
Thanks again for the suggestion, on the United Pacific, picked them up on offer.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I did not run the wire and it works fine and I found the same with the flasher worked with the old one but changed it

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bill, which flasher, fuse box or the one by the radio?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
You’d need to change both

·
Premium Member
54 Posts

·
19,864 Posts
Using LED taillights I didn't get any special flasher/relay....stock one was fine.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I want to Thank bills69 for all the help and info, and the others that gave info

1 - 20 of 21 Posts