Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Camaro SS/RS, 454 BB 4 speed, 3.73 Posi, new paint, motor mods , trans and diff assembly. 2" Drop
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not having much luck on finding the correct solution on hooking up LED turn signals. I have a 68 RSSS that has an American Autowire upgrade from PO (not 100% sure everything is done correctly as the hazards are I/O, but T/S work).
I bought my LEDS from Superbrightleds.com and they sold me 4 load equalizers they said will be needed to run the T/Ss. Not sure I wanted to splice all these in and have seen there is a digital LED flasher that has a ground wire. Does this one actually work, and where are these available from? So far I have converted all lights ovr except for T/S and headlights (future Dapper Lighting). Does anyone have sources and which way is the better way to go?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the same flasher and my LED taillights/signal lights work fine now in my 67.

·
Premium Member
68 Camaro SS/RS, 454 BB 4 speed, 3.73 Posi, new paint, motor mods , trans and diff assembly. 2" Drop
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I ordered 2 from Amazon.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Can someone explain a little more in detail the situation, please? I have a 69. I have purchased the AAW upgrade and am in the process of installing. I have also purchased all my LED lights from Superbright. They did not mention that I would need to a flasher for each T/S etc etc. I only order the one that goes into the fuse box. How many do I need and where do you hook them all up to? It looks like there are two spots on the box. Thanks

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Superbright told me when I ordered mine, there was no flasher for my 68, so I had to buy 4 load equalizers. I thought this was BS, so now I have 2 flashers. The PO installed the AAW kit and I have doubts of how its hooked up under the dash. As someone said one flasher is in the fuse box, the other one is also in the box or up under the dash somewhere. Its going to be a while before I get to that job as I am getting to stuff the power train back in the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts