Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1968 Camaro 454 LS6, Holley 950, Tremec 5 speed, Currie 9 in
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rewired my 68 with a Painless wiring harness. I have had an issue for weeks now trying to figure out why my hazard lights worked fine but my turn signal lights would not come on at all. I have Digi-tails tail lamps and front turn signals that all worked fine before rewiring. After many hours, testing, rewiring and at times driven to drink, I finally figured it out. The short version is the LED relays have a B and an L on them. The power coming out of the fuse panel was going to the Load side. I switched the wires and all works now! A small but annoying issue solved.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
I assume you're talking about the flashers when you mention relay? I bought some flashers a while back that had an adapter that switched the polarity. I like switching the wires like you did so the flasher doesn't stick out so much.

Your problem reminds of one I had soon after taking my 69 out for its shakedown cruise. The LED T/S's would not work if the park lights were on. What was strange is that the dash indicators worked properly. They are wired directly to the front T/S's. I still don't know how that symptom is possible. I immediately thought of the grounds as bad grounds like to produce weird symptoms.

Unfortunately, they started working on their own. Have no idea what fixed it. Now, I try to watch the T/S's reflection in the car ahead of me.

Sorry for the hijack...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a similar issue. Same setup. Switched the wires up front and all well. Those Digitail items are nice, but the instructions suck.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I left a message for Digi-tails to call me, never heard back. I bought two Painless LED flashers. It worked great for the hazard 4 ways, but not for the turn signals until I switched the wire. Not sure if that means the Painless fuse panel and wiring harness were made wrong? All good now!

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
I remember my Classic Update harness for my 66 C10 needed the polarity adapter. The 69 Camaro I did before that and my personal 69 didn't need it. I look for the polarity so I can just swap polarity before the final install.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My hazards do not work, but everything else is good. I used the AAW wiring kit and also two of the Digitails flasher units.

I left a message for Digi-tails to call me, never heard back. I bought two Painless LED flashers. It worked great for the hazard 4 ways, but not for the turn signals until I switched the wire. Not sure if that means the Painless fuse panel and wiring harness were made wrong? All good now!

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My hazards do not work, but everything else is good. I used the AAW wiring kit and also two of the Digitails flasher units.
Try making two short wire leads and reverse the order of the two wires at the fuse box for the hazard/flasher unit.. They should work. If they do, open up the fuse block and switch the wires. That's what worked for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts