Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please don't shoot me for asking about a Trans Am problem
but I thought you might be able to help me out....

It is an '81 Trans Am that my husband and I are building but we have a problem with the left front signal & side marker lights being on constantly. The light switch and flasher have been replaced. These two lights remain on even with the car simply sitting in the driveway doing absolutely nothing!

Thanks for your suggestions. We appreciate it ALOT!

·
Registered
442 Posts
A test light is in order for this problem. You say the lghts are on even when it's just sitting there.
Somewhere along the line, it seems to me that a line is shorted , and is hot all the time, like before the fuse box.If when you turn off the running lights, all the other lights go out, the switch would at least be good. So you could splice the left running lights to the right side,then at least they would work together. hwever the left blinker light , will have to be traced out, as it can not be tied together with the right side.
Bad flasher maybe. good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TOMSTV!

We continued to mess around with the car last evening and to our surprise, found out the problem was in the fuse box with the fuse that fed the computer and clock. The original motor was replaced with a '74 400 big block thus eliminating the need for the computer. I'm not sure why the light problem was connected to this particular fuse but the lights are operating fine now since the fuse was removed. Automotive wiring is surely quirky!

Again, thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts