Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I used the jegs lift bars and it seems it raised the rear up a little on my car
If I remember right, it raised mine no more than 1/2''.

·
Registered
160 Posts
No, they do not affect ride height at all. I have the Competition Engineering setup which, although it may not be quite as good as Cal Tracs (but quite a bit less expensive), do seem to provide a bit more downward force on the rear on a hard launch ... without affecting normal street driving.

·
19,736 Posts
The only way I see them altering your ride height is if they're installed with too much pre-load or if the suspension is put in a bind.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well it did change my height a little sits up a little higher now in the rear.What are some of the things i should look at too see if i can correct it.I installed them exactly the way the directions explained without any trouble.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
You didn't tighten her down in the air, did you?? B/c it can bind her and keep her from settling down like stock.

I cinched everything decent and dropped mine to the ground and then tightened everything tight.

pdq67

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did tighten the u bolts while it was in the air with jackstands under the frame,so the rear was hanging.According tothe directions i got with them this is what i was supposed to do.These particular bars clamp directly to the spring in the front,they use shims for the preload,this was what they told me too tighten while it was on the ground.:(

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jacked her back up and loosened it all back up then tightned while it was on the ground,now im back to original height thanks Doug and everybody else for your help appreciate it very much.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I don't think they will work as good if you did not follow the directions. I remember exactly that you are supposed to add the weight of the driver in the seat ( I added 2 100lb dumbells) then tighten them up. I think you should go back and set them the way you had it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmm it didnt say anything about adding weight in the directions,all i know is now it sitting back at normal ride height,and it feels really good launching wont actually see a diff until i get to the track.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have the jegs ones on my 68, at least i think there jegs any ways u need to bolt them up in the air it puts the springs in the right location so the bars can transfer the weight.. well thats the best way i can put it and it did lift mine mine a little.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i have the jegs ones on my 68, at least i think there jegs any ways u need to bolt them up in the air it puts the springs in the right location so the bars can transfer the weight.. well thats the best way i can put it and it did lift mine mine a little.
How much did it lift yours, any pics?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts