Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the 302 in 69 come with lifting eyes? Are they specific to 69 302? Anyone purchased them reproduction or did they fit lots of applications and available at salvage yards? Thankx, John

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
They are not unique. Get them from any wrecking yard. They may have been shipping cars both with and without them. Some are orange while some are natural. John Z. has said that they may or may not have been shipped with them installed depending on when the car was assembled. I believe it was a cost saving issue to pull them off and re-use them but he was unsure of the exact dates. I installed a pair of orange ones on my car FWIW.

-Mark.

G

·
Be sure to get the correct ones if your picky about being correct. I belive they were changed in 70. The correct ones only use on bolt and not the more commonly seen later version with two. Ricks also sales them for $19.95.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. It's one of those things that I've had a hard time figuring out from pictures and had not seen anything in any of my books referring to them. Thankx again, John

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Jeremiah,
I'm not sure I know what you mean about one bolt. Are you talking about the rear piece?
If you mean the front one, that attached to the intake bolts, I've never seen one with only one bolt.

The rear one for s/b had a dog-leg in it. b/b were rectangular.

I always thought that aluminum intake (Z/28, L78, L72) got natural ones, and all others got Chevy orange ones.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Any pictures of a BB rear one, I'm in need one but I don't know what I looking for.

Story of my life!!!!

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Dave, I don't have a picture, but it's a rectangle about 1" X 3" with a 3/4" or so hole in one end and about 5/16" hole in the other. ithink there are repops at Ricks...check their catalog for a pic.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Thanks Silver 69
Looks like it would be pretty easy to make.
We have some flat stock and a Workhorse hydralic punch press at work that will make
this simple project.

·
Premium Member
10,083 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of both brackets installed? The ones I have (purchased from Rick's) do not fit the rear position very well. The single bolt bracket hits the intake and does not sit flush to the intake bolt landing. Thanks.

Nevermind. I engaged my pea brain and turned the bracket 90* as it supposed to be!

[ 12-06-2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Gary L ]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts