Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68, all of the side marker lamps work just fine, but the rear lights don`t come on. also I am unsure where the 2 wires at the dash side of the rear harness hook up to. one wire is black the other is white and the have spade ends. on the front harness there is a single wire with a spade end I cant find where it goes either. It is on the left side right next to where the horn relay is.

·
Banned
33 Posts
hello from south bend, i have a 68 camaro also, now on my back tail lights, i bought some after market light sockets just to make sure that my sockets work to begin with(this has a white and a black wire) your side lights are different and use different wires from the harness all togeter(probally brown and black). your first step should be while you have your lights on takes a voltmeter or something that you can use to make sure you are getting juice to the rear, somewhere if you are not getting power you are shorting out,(this is the worse case senerio) anyways check your rear bulb sockets first make sure you get juice back there, if your not, goto the fuse box make sure you are getting juice from your fuse by checking it with that voltmeter or that (pencil lite thing that light up when it is poked at a power source),
now if you determine that you do have power at the fuse block going to the rear pull your fisher plates you know and look at the wires going to the rear, trace them on both sides making sure they are not grounding out somewhere, im positive you have a ground problem somewhere because the rest of your lights turn on, also when you turn on your hazards do they work?, if not i would replace both rear sockets, this is a pep boys part 68-80 uses the same one i think they are 3 to 4 bucks each, but i replaced
mine. Now your dash problem, does your horn work? do these wires look like they go into your fuse block?

do the following give these wires juice by connecting the white wire to a power source maybe run a long wire to it through your window to the battery, and make sure the black wire is grounded (maybe put an in line fuse just in case, the fuse will prevent harm to the harness 30amp is great) get juice to these wires then your be able to see if they will do anything,

hey take care let me know what happens

[This message has been edited by knightmoose2000 (edited 09-01-2002).]

[This message has been edited by knightmoose2000 (edited 09-01-2002).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts