Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a starting point for my issue. Here it goes. The painter took my car apart two years ago. It took that long to paint and put back together. Now I am doing the finishing touches on everything. It's been fun! Anyway I don't have tail lights, brake lights, reverse lights. When you hook up the battery, the airconditioner panel light barely glows along with rear passenger side tail light. It's like a dim orange glow. I am not quite sure about what to do. I just dicovered this last night. I haven't looked anywhere yet. Just would like to have some knowledge on what it is I am actually supposed to be looking for. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. For this is the only thing besides not coming out of 1st, (but i will deal with that next) keeping it off the road after a 24 month restro.

·
Registered
496 Posts
From what I have read on all the other posts, I would check all the ground wires. Where the car has been freshly painted I would venture that the ground wires are not making a good connection through the fresh paint. :)

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
yup, same here. Easiest fix is to go to the hardware store and get a bunch of "external" star washers, in 3/8" and 1/4". Use one between every ground terminal and the paint, including some of the tail light studs on 67-68.

Make sure the rad support is grounded, too. On mine, I ended moving the lil neg battery ground wire from the inner fender to the rad support. It would not ground thru the mounting bolts, too much new paint.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the knowledge. This web site is awesome. I am going to get started right away. I put tags and insurance on it yesterday. I can't wait to drive it. I put a picture of it on my profile. Check it out if you like. I buy the washers and wire today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts