Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But would tires rub when its 4 people in the car??? With 18 inch wheels..4.5 Backspace front 5.5 back....i mean 4 people gona be rare but just want to know

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
My rears rubbed until I put KYB Gas-A-Just real stiff shocks in the rear. Some people don't like the stiff ride, I don't mind it myself.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Love the stance of your car and I really like your wheels. I have a similar painted 67 that my friend and I just installed Speedtech UCAs, LCAs, and Viking double adjustable coilovers. Getting ready to put in some Hotchkis 3 inch drop leafs. Still have a little bit of a gap, but I plan on fixing that with a set of 17s.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I have the same B/S as you mentioned. I have it lowered 3 inches in the rear and 1.5 to 2 inches in the front. Rear's do not rub. A sway bar helped but I had to roll the driver's side fender. The fronts rub slightly when making a full radius turn. I have QA shocks.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
I have the same B/S as you mentioned. I have it lowered 3 inches in the rear and 1.5 to 2 inches in the front. Rear's do not rub. A sway bar helped but I had to roll the driver's side fender. The fronts rub slightly when making a full radius turn. I have QA shocks.

VERY NICE!! That stance is what I'm after on my 68.

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
VERY NICE!! That stance is what I'm after on my 68.
Very tough to achieve that look on a 67-68. You'll have to drop it a couple of inches lower than a '69 to get the rounded arches of a 67-68 to line up with the flat arches if a '69. That would mean running a much narrower wheel/tire to tuck in there, or some tubs.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Very tough to achieve that look on a 67-68. You'll have to drop it a couple of inches lower than a '69 to get the rounded arches of a 67-68 to line up with the flat arches if a '69. That would mean running a much narrower wheel/tire to tuck in there, or some tubs.
Yea I knew the 69's were way different as far as the arches. I was referring to the tucked look he has. I think my 18's 19's combo will achieve what I am after. :yes:

·
Registered
263 Posts

I am running 18" Rushforth's with 235's in the front and 275's in the rear. Until I added QA1's to all four corners they would rub slightly with 4 people in it.

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
Yea I knew the 69's were way different as far as the arches. I was referring to the tucked look he has. I think my 18's 19's combo will achieve what I am after. :yes:
To me, the tucked look has to do with where the fenders line up with the top of the wheels. To achieve the same look on the '68 as the '69 pictured, I dropped the car a few more inches with photoshop (hope Pete68 doesn't mind) . The exhaust is laying on the ground in the 'chopped pic below:

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Ouch, I don't know if Pete68 minds but I do. Don't do that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts