Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently got an original dealer custom featur accessories for 68 camaros. its interesting what i found, accessories include: a solid state stereo multiplex
fire extiguisher and recharge kit
litter container (garbage pail)
highway emergency kit
ventilated seat cushins
rear seatbelt retractors
hand portable spotlight
auto compass
ski rack
tri volume horn
spare tire lock
passenger side mirror
locking gas cap
rear window defogger
cruise control
electric clock
vanity mirror
underhood light
tissue dispenser
fiber optic fender mounted light- monitoring system
trunk light

how nice!! id sure like to get my hands on some of these goodies!!

john

·
Registered
252 Posts
Didn't they have an optional tire deicer...I thought I read somewhere that they offered a deicer option...A push of a button on the dash set off two bottles of deicer set up in the rear wheelwells...Is this correct and has anyone seen one..Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
I have the defroster option in my 67 race car. I wish I had a tissue dispenser instead so I could wipe the tears away when I add up the cost of parts for this thing. LOL

------------------
Steve
67 SS 396,4-sp
67 RS 327,4-sp
72 RS 350/350
69 4X4 suburban 350,4-sp
73 3/4 ton 454/400
Stevo Camaro's Toy
Our Muscle Cars

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have afew of these. Tissue dispenser, Clock, Vanity Mirror, Under Dash 8 - Track Player, and at Carlisle this past weekend, the litter basket that sits on the trans hump. The spot light would be nice

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have on eyou missed, the child safety seat. Also have the spot light and compass.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
I've heard of another one but I think it only came on 69s. The head lamps washing system. Are the nozzles installed on the bumper or on the metal trim underneath the grill on 69s? Oh John, you forgot the Tic Toc Tac, sorry but thats the one I have.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Jeff,(Hawaiian Camaro), Are you sure that the liquid tire chain was only available in 69? I have a 68 that has squirter nozzels sticking thru the rear wheel wells. The guy at the body shop thought they were part of that option. If you have any other info I would appreciate it. Erik

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the following accessories on mine; solid state stereo multiplex system, tri volume horn, driver side remote mirror, locking gas cap, Tic-Toc-Tac, console gauges, underhood light, trunk light, fiber optic light monitoring system, and power windows.
I wish my drivetrain came better optioned though; 327/210hp, powerglide, and a 10 bolt dogleg rearend with 3:08 gears. I'm in the process of installing a 327/400hp, 350 turbo, and a 12 bolt posi rearend with 3:73 gears.

------------------
Ricky
68/RS on Blocks...

·
3,176 Posts
I'm going by the Illustrated Camaro Buyer's Guide put out by Michael Antonick. He only refers to the Liquid Tire Chain for the 1969 Year. From what I have heard about him and his knowledge on Camaro's i would have to go with him and say only the 69's. I do know that pwople used to fit their own nozzles to be able to shoot water or bleach onto the rear tires to create more smoke for burn-outs. He has a picture on one in his book and it shows 3 bolts holding the carraige (Holder) to the trunk floorpan. would think they deleated it since I for one would not want to keep reaching up into the wheelwell and scraping off all the road grim to keep the nozzle clear.

Jeff

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a original 68 chassis service manual for chevrolet,chevelle,camaro,chevy II and corvette and it shows a automatic level control in the back under accessories.This translates to air shocks.Which cars and Dealer or Factory?

------------------

·
Registered
44 Posts
Liquid tire chain was only available from about 11/68 to 2/69. If you have a later 69 Camaro catalog you will notice that it is deleted. This being said allot where sold over the counter. I've heard (not that I'm old enough to know wink wink) that people use to put bleach in them to smoke the tires. I of course would know nothing about spinning the wheels.

[This message has been edited by Billb (edited 07-05-2001).]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Jeff, Thanks for writing back. I bet the nozzels in my wheel wells were homemade for adding water or bleach. My car used to be a drag car, so that makes sense. Erik

1 - 20 of 26 Posts